Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ontario NDP are lugging a ball and chain - - Opinions - Opinions - Ontario NDP are lugging a ball and chain:

This is not a delegate-driven convention.

Under the party's new one- member, one vote system, every card-carrying member is now entitled to vote for the leader of their choice.

Those votes can be cast online, by phone, by mail-in ballot, or the old fashioned way, on the floor of the Hamilton Convention Centre.

All the results will then be weighted to a total of 75 per cent of the votes, with the remaining 25 per cent given to organizations affiliated with the party, primarily labour unions.

Regardless of how complicated it seems or how many ballots it takes, we should know by early Saturday evening who the fearless new leader is.

No comments:

Post a Comment